Term of Office
January 3, 2017 to January 4, 2021
Kent Boes was born and raised in Vacaville, California, where he graduated from Vacaville High School. While completing his B.S. in Mathematics at UC Davis, he worked for Unitrans, a mostly student-run public transportation service. While working at Unitrans, he worked as a bus driver, a dispatching/road supervisor, and an assistant driver trainer. During his last year at UC Davis, he served as the Director for Specialized Transportation Services, a sister company of Unitrans focusing on Dial-a-Ride and Charter services. After graduating from UC Davis, Kent went on to work for First Transit and Veolia as their Operations Manager for their East Bay Paratransit and Yolobus contracts, respectively. Most recently, he has served as the Transit Manager for the Colusa County Transit Agency.
Kent moved to Colusa County in February of 2008. Since moving to Williams, he has immersed himself in his community. He has been a volunteer with the Williams Volunteer Fire Department since 2012, and currently serves as a Captain and Chairman of the Williams Volunteer Firefighters Association. He’s served fours year on the Williams City Council and various commissions and committees from 2013 through 2016. Kent also runs his own small business as a mobile DJ (but he considers it to be more of a hobby than a business).
Committee, Commission, Board & District Voting Member Assignments
- California State Assoc. of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors
- Community Action Partnership
- Emergency Medical Care Committee
- Local Transit Agency & Transportation Commission
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
- Regional Housing Authority
- Sierra Sacramento EMS
- Williams City Council Liaison
- Animal Control Needs Assessment/Building Feasibility
- Industrial Hemp Ad-Hoc Committee
- Tax Share Agreement Ad-Hoc Committee