The Engineering division is responsible for the design, inspection and contract administration for the various road and bridge construction and reconstruction projects developed and administered by the Public Works Department.
The engineering staff also performs the following tasks:
- Collects and analyzes various vehicle traffic and accident data.
- Performs the surveying and right-of-way activities for the department.
- Manages the issuance and inspection of encroachment and transportation permits.
- Performs the ongoing development and maintenance of the Pavement Management System and Geographic Information System.
- Provides assistance to other County departments and agencies as requested.
If you have any questions relating to the tasks performed by the engineering division, you may contact any of the engineering staff members listed, or you can call our office at (530) 458-0466.
Director of Public Works
Phone: (530) 458-0466
Phone: (530) 458-0471