New York Times
The California State Library is pleased to offer the New York Times online to California public libraries! This offer features direct access to nytimes.com
from 1851 to right now, including:
The State Library is supporting this resource for California public libraries for at least the next 18 months. You can sign up using the link above and a current email address. Registration is required, but is very simple. Enjoy!
SCHOLARLY RESEARCH DATABASES
Explora provides full text access to scholarly journals, magazines, reference books, and news sources, including Consumer Reports, Time Magazine and AP video.
MAS Ultra- School Edition
MAS Ultra provides full text for:
- more than 158,000 biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books
- an Image Collection containing photos, maps, flags, and color PDFs
- expanded full-text journal and magazines dating back to 1975, including American History, Archaeology, Astronomy, Bioscience, Civil War Times, CollegeXpress, Nation, National Review, New Scientist, Popular Science, Smithsonian, World War II, and much more
The peer-reviewed scholarly database will help with all of your research and homework needs 24-7 with a library card.
JOB SEARCH TOOLS
Glass Door - Search millions of job listings, see employee salaries, and read reviews from employees on numerous companies.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
OWL offers over 200 free resources including:
- Writing and Teaching Writing
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Style Guides
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Job Search and Professional Writing
Transportation & Automotive Resources
Drivers Education Program
Includes lessons and practice tests specific to the State of California, is regularly updated with current laws and regulations. Free.
Medical & Health Resources
Stanford Health Library
Sponsored by Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Stanford Health Library
provides scientifically-based medical information to help people make informed
decisions about their health and health care. All services are free, including access to medical journals with scholarly and peer-reviewed materials.