In addition to the Building Permit Application
, please provide the following documents when applying for a building permit:
- Three sets of drawings
- Three sets of plot plans
- Three sets of truss and energy calculations
- If the structure is engineered, please provide wet-signed and stamped structural calculations. All details, nailing, etc. must be transferred to the plans.
- The architect or engineer providing structural calculations shall stamp and wet-sign the drawings or provide a statement stating he/she has reviewed the blueprints and that all structural criteria per calculations have been incorporated.
- Plans shall be drawn to scale, indicating location, nature, and extent of work proposed.
- All sheets of the drawings shall be the same size. The minimum acceptable size is 8.5" by 11", and the preferred size is 11" by 17".
- Show in detail that the project conforms to the provisions of the building code and all relevant laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- Provide a signed statement by the designer stating he/she has reviewed the truss calculations for the specific structure and all loading and design criteria have been met.
- Provide the wet signature of the designer on all pages of the drawings.
Documents should be submitted to the Building Department, which is located at:
220 12th St.
Colusa, CA 95932
You must call the department at (530) 458-0481 before coming in to submit building plans.