Duties of the Planning Commission
- Review, analyze and recommend to the Board of Supervisors' approval or denial of requests for general plan amendments, zoning amendments, development agreements, or other legislative matters.
- Review, analyze and recommend to the Board of Supervisors' approval or denial of planned development proposals.
- Review, analyze and approve or deny requests for major use permits, tentative parcel maps, and tentative subdivision maps.
- Periodically review and recommend to the Board of Supervisors revisions as necessary to the Colusa County General Plan.
- Review, analyze and approve or deny requests for minor use permits which the Zoning Administrator has determined is more appropriate to be considered by the Planning Commission.
Planning Commission Meetings
The Planning Commission generally meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 9:00 am.
Planning Commission meetings are held in the Board of Supervisors' Chambers located in the Historic Colusa County Courthouse at 547 Market Street, Colusa.
Understand how a Planning Commission meeting is conducted (PDF).
Agendas and Minutes