Uniform Commercial Code Forms

Filing Requirements

A July 1, 2001, law eliminated some local filings and transferred them to the secretary of state. A few states still require dual filing - both centrally and locally - on many transactions; however, California, like most other states, only requires financing statements and related documents to be filed either with the secretary of state or the county recorder. The proper place to file depends on the type of collateral.

For More Information

To access new forms or for information on Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings, please visit the secretary of state's UCC webpage.