Legal Advice

Sheriff's Office Involvement

Only an attorney is allowed by law to give legal advice. The sheriff's office will not provide you with legal advice. If you have a legal question, please contact an attorney. If you need court forms, you can obtain them from your attorney, your local courthouse, or available online sources. The sheriff generally does not provide legal forms to the public (with the exception of certain levies and claims of exemption forms requested by a judgment debtor).

Online Sources

The following online self-help sources may be of use to you:

California Rural Legal Assistance Inc.

California Rural Legal Assistance (CRLA) provides legal assistance and workshops for landlords / tenants, social security disability, workers' compensation, debts and debt collection, delinquent house payments, and family law. The nearest CRLA office is located at:
511 D Street
Marysville, CA 95901

California Courts: Self-Help Center

The Judicial Council of California's self-help website provides limited guidance and assistance on legal matters. It also provides most of California's court forms that can be be completed and printed from your computer.

Colusa County Superior Court

The county's Superior Court website provides local court procedures, filing fees, and limited assistance in some legal matters. It also provides links to associated resources offered, such as the family law facilitator.

Official California Legislative Information

The State of California's legislative website provides access to California laws / legal codes that pertain to process services and judgment enforcement.