What is CalWORKs?
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program offers temporary cash aid, employment services and health insurance to eligible families who have children under age 19. This is California’s version of the Federal Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program.
CalWORKs provides time-limited cash payments to families with children under 19 when one or both parents is absent, disabled, deceased or unemployed. If eligible for CalWORKs you automatically qualify for Medi-Cal and may also qualify for CalFresh.
- CalWORKs Benefits
- Temporary /permanent homeless assistance-
- Housing support program (HSP)
- Temporary cash aid (EBT card or direct deposit)
- Welfare-to-Work services to help families become self-reliant, including:
- Child care
- Substance abuse and mental health services
- Job training
- Job Retention Services
- Medi-Cal Health Benefits
- CalFresh if eligible.
The easiest and quickest way to apply for Cash Assistance, CalFresh and/or Medi-Cal is by visiting www.benefitscal.com