The amount of benefits you can receive is dependent on your family size, countable income, and monthly expenses such as housing, utilities, and so forth.
Benefits may not be used for items such as alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, or paper products.
EBT Scam Alert
If you’ve received a text or phone call asking for your personal information, contact your county right away. The county or state will never text or call you requesting your EBT card number and your personal identification number (PIN). Never give your EBT Card number and PIN to anyone. With this information, someone could steal your benefits.
Electronic Benefits Transfer Card
If you qualify for CalFresh assistance, you will receive an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) debit card. You can use your card to purchase food items at participating stores, or check your account balance, find retailers, and ATMs that accept the EBT card.
You are now able to use your EBT card to purchase groceries online on select websites. Click here for more information.
To check the balance on your EBT card click here to create an online account and be able to use the online services.
For EBT locations click here
Additional Resources Available
Downloadable CalFresh Applications (PDF)
Minimum Requirements to File a CalFresh Application:
- Applicant's name and
- Household's address (unless homeless), and
- Signature of head of household, any adult household member or an authorized representative, or responsible minor.
CaFresh Expedited Services Information:
You may be eligible for CalFresh within 3 days of submitting your application if you meet one of the following:
- Your household has $150 or less in gross monthly income and $100 or less in liquid resources
- Your combined income and liquid resources are less than your monthly rent, mortgage, and utility costs
- Someone in your household is a migrant or seasonal farmworker who is destitute and has liquid resources of $100 or less. After you apply, you’ll have an interview within 3 days.
If you qualify for CalFresh, you will get your benefits beginning from the date of your application.