The First Presbyterian Church of Colusa located at 326 Jay Street, Colusa and Vitalant are holding a Community Blood Drive Tuesday, February 9th from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The need for blood and blood products continues and this is a vital service we can provide for our community. All of the required health and safety requirements necessary to protect everyone from COVID-19 will be followed and are listed below:
- social distancing will be observed,
- masks will be required at all times,
- masks will be provided if you do not have one,
- face shields are no longer approved for use,
- temperatures will be taken prior to check-in,
- hand sanitizer and/or gloves will be available,
- Vitalant has instituted additional cleaning protocols between donors,
- only pre-packaged snacks and drinks will be utilized this year, and
- to assist with social distancing appointments are strongly encouraged and may be made on-line at the Vitalant website.
To schedule an appointment on-line go to donors.vitalant.org and enter the Blood Drive Code SMFM012 or call 530-893-5433. Please complete your Fast Track Health History form on the day of your donation on your smart phone or computer at vitalant.org/health. If you have questions about the site you may contact Nancy Dickson at 530-933-0606.
Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds and be 17 years old. Sixteen-year-olds may donate with a signed Parental Consent Form. Donors should eat well and drink plenty of water prior to donating and must bring a photo ID with them. There are many benefits to donating blood. During the screening process donors have their temperature, pulse, and blood pressure taken. Their blood is tested for hemoglobin level, total cholesterol, and COVID-19 antibodies. The results are made available to the donor upon request.
*The required Health and Safety Precautions remain fluid and changes may occur.